Transformers tend to raise or lessen the voltage and current as needed to be compatible with a specific application’s need. As the process entails the flow of electricity, it is essential that you stay safe when dealing with the same. Any kind of unsafe activity conducted may cause leakage of electric current, which further leads to electric shocks, appliance damage and other lethal outcomes. Hence it is important to be acquainted and protected when using any kind of power transformer even if it is a dry type transformer.
Here are some tips and guidelines to follow.
- When any flammable fumes, excessive heat, explosives, excess moisture, and dust is present, prevent yourself from installing the transformer. And if needed, only let in qualified professionals to do the same. Also, communicate with them to sign up for all the maintenance operations task for the imminent cases.
- Before the installation of your transformer, make sure it is in a proper condition. Look for any signs of physical damage, missing parts or deformities. When making a purchase from Surplec, such inspection is the least of your concern as these transformers will come in totally inspected before being delivered to you.
- Make sure that the power is switched off before plugging in the power cord to the power source.
- Ensure that all the wires, plugs, and cords are of good quality and are in a top notch condition.
- Don’t work on the transformers with any kind of damaged plugs or cords at any given cost.
- When storing your transformer before its installation, ensure that you store it in a dry place that is free from moisture, humidity and dust. Keep it in its original packaging only.
- Don’t disassemble the transformer by your own means. When there is any damage, get it checked professionally and repair it. Any type of improper disassembling and servicing can raise the chances of electrical shock and other lethal hazards.
- When it comes to cleaning the transformer, ensure to disconnect it from all the electrical outlets in the first place. Then let the unit cool down before you perform any kind of cleaning on it. Also, keep in mind to use a soft clean cloth to clean the unit and keep away all the abrasive or harsh cleaning agents from the transformer unit.