For years ordinary cardboard boxes and plastic bags were used to pack things. Whether it was food items, products or apparels everything was just packed in boxes to keep them safe and together. However, with time people understood just packing things cannot solve all purposes. There can be instances when the box can’t be trusted. For example, heavy items may be shifted to cardboard boxes, but after it gets wet in rain when you pick that pack the entire items fall from beneath as it wasn’t protected well from water.
Hence, when you decide about packaging of your products, it has to be appropriate to your business. Not all items can be protected with the same kind of packaging material. Hence, when you start a business whether it is online or offline ensure that you have complete details of how to manage the packaging of your item which doesn’t cost you much money. Food items are safe in plastic containers which can be stored in refrigerator, whereas, fragile items that aren’t edible have to be protected by cushioned boxes, and clothes in plastic wraps to avoid any damage.
Hence, there are different packaging needs by industry that an individual needs to understand –
- Crates and plastic huge containers are best to carry heavy items and travel to long distances. It can manage any kind of wear and tear, different kinds of climatic conditions and lasts long.
- Shrink wrap is clinging plastic wrap that is wrapped around the object as long as it isn’t covered properly. The best part is that it can take the shape of the product which gives you enough space in a carton to load more items.
- Vacuum packing is good for items which have to be sealed properly so that air doesn’t damage the item. This is more preferable for perishable items and frozen foods which can get spoiled if they come in contact with moisture.
- Packaging for preservative items includes clinging wrap as well as vacuum sealer. This is considered for canned products and any other preservative items that have to be concealed for longer usage.
- Shock resistant package is for extremely fragile items which are to be kept safe from excessive wear and tear, shock and vibration. Mostly, chemical compounds that are hazardous and electric items which can easily get damaged are wrapped in this package.
Now you know that every business has to use different kinds of packaging. Thus, check your requirement before ending up with an expensive and wasteful material.