Butterfly valves belongs to the family of quarter-turn valves, which is a metal disc that is mounted on a rod. When the valve gets closed, the metal disc is turned in such a way that the passageway gets completely blocked. As the valve totally opens the metal disc gets rotated by 1/4th turn, so that path opens and the fluids pass through.
Butterfly valves are one of the sanitary replacements parts. It is available in number of configurations, disc materials, actuator styles and resilient seat elastomer. Factors are determined on the kind of applications they are to be used. You can find butterfly valves in many different kinds of industries e.g. water and waste water, industrial processing, paper mills, dry bulk conveying, food and beverage, light slurry handling, transportation, HVAC and many more.
Following are few advantages of butterfly valves used for sanitary purposes.
- The valve plates and rubber sealings of butterfly valves are imported from different sources in order to ensure much better performance as well as better service life of the valve.
- Valves are made by using high precision CNC controlled lathe, so that you can get accurate measurements of parts and face no problem in case of interchanging with a spare one. This will ensure that after replacing any parts there will be no change in performance.
- Opening and closing of the valve is quite easy and flexible as nylon sleeve is used in the valve stem where there will be much reduced friction.
- Sanitation is very high as rubbers used in the valves are food graded and the steel parts that are used are stainless steels.
- Body diameter of valve is same as the pipeline diameter as well as streamlined and narrow. Therefore when valve opens it is in the same direction that of fluid. As a result, during the flow there will be very little resistance and even accumulation of material will be negligible.
- Handles of the butterfly valve are – wrench and pull type. Hence, it can withstand sufficient torque, so cannot easily wrench off.
- Within 90- degree range the valves can be opened or closed. Therefore they can be turned in the step of 15 degrees and hence it is easier to open or close.
- Its surface is bright and shiny. Therefore it does not irritate hands and no dust can settle on it.
- Rigorously tested for strength and sealing, so as to maintain better quality.