It is important to buy car insurance online. Immediately following an accident, one must file a claim with the insurance provider. The insurance provider checks the supporting documentation, and if the claim is legitimate, the insurer compensates for the car’s damages. Here are the specifics of how to file a car insurance claim if your vehicle is damaged.
What Is Auto Insurance For Own Damage?
Own damage motor insurance protects against damage done to a person’s car as a result of mishaps, natural disasters like floods, vandalism, etc. *
Here Are The Processes For Making An Own-Damage Claim:
- Call the insurance provider as soon as possible and let them know about the damage. Obtain the information about the car that caused the damage and give it to the policyholder.
- Within the allotted time, the occurrence must be reported.
- File an FIR and report the event to the police. You would need the licence number of the driver who was involved in the accident as well as the registration number of the car that caused the collision when filing an
- Keep the information about the vehicle, the driver, and the witnesses with you and in the FIR.
- After making a car insurance claim, you must ask the insurance company to designate a surveyor to further assess the situation.
- On the business’ website, you can also submit a car insurance claim.
- The required documentation for submitting the claim is shown below.
One would need certain documentation to settle the compensation in order to submit a claim for the damaged cars:
- An insurance policy copy
- A copy of the police department’s fir report
- A duplicate of the current driver’s licence
- Completely completed and signed claim form
- A duplicate of the vehicle registration document
- Any additional expenditures paid with a copy of the original receipt
- Original copies of the medical receipts are required in cases of physical injury.
- Information on the costs of the repairs
Several Things to Keep in Mind When Filing a Car Insurance Claim
- To find out if there have been any damages to the car, you should give it a thorough inspection. Additionally, you should examine anyone riding in the automobile with you or you for any injuries.
- You must file your claim within the time frame specified by your insurance company. Occasionally, it is 24 hours after the damage is
- Make a note of the make, model, licence plate, and colour of the car that was involved in the collision.
- Keep track of each witness’s contact information. Identification of the accident’s cause will be required
- Make a quick call to the insurer after evaluating the vehicle’s damage.
- Drive your car to the closest network garage, where you can pay your payments there.
- Own automobile damage insurance has a higher cost than a standard auto insurer, and this premium depends on the vehicle’s IDV. When you buy car insurance online, you should pay extra attention because it’s critical to take the age of the vehicle into account. *
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.